|Full Title:||Language, Music, and Computing|
|Start Date:||17-Apr-2017 - 19-Apr-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||Second International Workshop on Language, Music, and Computing
- Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation
- Saint Petersburg State Conservatoire named after N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov
Aims of the Workshop:
To encourage interdisciplinary communication and collaboration of linguists, musicians and IT-specialists in the sphere of some actual problems, among which are the following:
1. Language and music acquisition; influence of music skills on language acquisition and language processing; influence of linguistic skills on music acquisition; relationship between music and language training.
2. Linguistic and music knowledge, their structure and functioning; explicit and implicit knowledge of music and language; similarities and differences in understanding of music and language.
3. Automatic classification of linguistic and music knowledge; formal models of linguistic and music knowledge; musical information retrieval vs. linguistic information retrieval.
This year special topics of the workshop are:
- Formal representation of language and music: differences and similarities
- Sound corpora in music and linguistics
1. Sabine Iatridou, USA
2. Sergi Jordà, Spain
3. Merryl Goldberg, USA
4. Elena Riekhakainen, Russia
Languages of the conference: Russian & English (some sessions will be simultaneously translated)
|Linguistic Subfield:||Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Text/Corpus Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|