|Full Title:||Languages of Africa: Traditions and Perspectives|
|Start Date:||17-Oct-2017 - 20-Oct-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||On October 17–20, 2017 the Institute of Africa RAS will be convening the 14th Africanists Conference in Moscow. Within the framework of this Conference the Department of African Languages of the Istitute of Linguistics RAS will host the section on African languages and linguistics “Languages of Africa: Traditions and Perspectives”.
The section will actually cover the whole research range of African linguistics:
- Typological and cross-linguistically oriented studies in the vocabulary and grammar of African languages
- Comparative and historical studies of African languages
- Issues in genealogical classification of African languages
- Dialectal and areal studies of African languages
- Sociolinguistic problems of Africa
- Language contact in Africa.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Anthropological Linguistics; Genetic Classification; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics; Typology|
|Calls and Conferences main page|