|Start Date:||17-Oct-2017 - 18-Oct-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The conference ‘Communication-Culture-Space-Identity’, held as part of the series ‘International Philological Conferences in Piła, Poland', is aimed at analysing communicative processes used in different types of space, presenting their cultural conditioning, and establishing or constructing identity in a variety of socio-cultural environments.
The list of topics includes but is not limited to:
- Communication in different types of public space (with special emphasis put on university, school and workplace spaces)
- Foreign language teaching in the space of school/university
- Information technology in language teaching
- Relations between communication and culture
- Identity and space in linguistic or literary analysis
- Cultural transfer in literature and film
- Memory versus identity in cultural and literary space
- Metaphors as culturally conditioned communicative tools
- Communication, culture and identity in didactics
- Communication failures and conflict in linguistic or literary analysis
- Communicating through English as a lingua franca
- Language, culture, identity and language policy and planning.
420 PLN (Polish participants) / 110 EUR (participants from abroad)
The conference fee includes the cost of refreshments at coffee breaks, 2 lunches, an official dinner, conference materials and the publication of selected papers in a peer reviewed monograph. The fee does not include the cost of accommodation or travel.
On-line participation: 50 EUR (participants from abroad)
|Linguistic Subfield:||Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|